Sunday, November 13, 2011

Spanish Rice


I absolutely LOVE Spanish rice, but I'm the only person in the house who does. I rarely make it due to this fact! But tonight I made some Enchiladas from http://mamaandbabylove.blogspot.com/2011/01/recent-freezer-meals.html and I wanted Spanish Rice to go along with them... so I started looking and didn't find exactly what I wanted, so I created this....which is quite possibly the best Damn Spanish Rice I have ever had!

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1/4 Cup chopped onion
  • 1/4 Cup Green Pepper chopped
  • 2 Tbsp Jalapeno diced
  • 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup chunky salsa ( I used Medium, not too hot, just right!)
  • 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
  • 1 handful of frozen corm (or fresh... or canned... I dont discriminate! )
Directions
  1. Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, & peppers, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
  2. Mix rice into skillet, stirring often. When rice turns translucent (dont over brown), stir in chicken broth, tomato paste, corn and salsa. Bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 25 minutes,remove from heat and let stand another 5 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed mostly, but not all, you dont want dry Spanish Rice! YUCK!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment